Sunday, June 10, 2007

Burke Lake Park



My son is train obsessed. Loves them. Can't get enough of them. And because her "best friend" is so into them, Reagan is really enjoys them, too (just not as much). I'm guessing he's so into them because his grandfather (Kelly's dad), has this huge train layout in his basement and he's grown up watching that. But, in reality, he's also grown up watching me yell at the TV set over the Redskins and he's not obsessed with that yet...yet (give him time). Regardless of the reason, it is cute that he has this common bond with this grandfather.

As far as Redskins games go, Reagan enjoys watching games with me more than Luke at the moment -- which, by the way, makes me happy. I love watching Redskins games with her around and she watches them with me...not because she enjoys the games, but because she knows it makes me happy when she watches them with me. Seriously...what father would not like that?

But, I digress...so, back to the trains. Luke's train obsession has taken us to see Thomas in Lancaster, PA,, a few unnecessary trips on the metro and to numerous random tracks around the state of Virginia. Well, our "train" travels took us to a new location this weekend: Burke Lake Park.

Burke Lake Park is a cool place for any kid that is into trains. They've got this miniature train that runs on little tracks and winds along the lake and woods. It's really kind of neat. It had a water tower, trestle, and tunnel. All things both of my babies love to point out. Best of all, it was only $2 a ride -- and anything under $2 is a bargain in Northern Virginia. They also had a carousel there, walking paths, playground, etc.

So, two thumbs up for Burke Lake Park. Reagan and (especially) Luke had fun and they even have an ice cream parlor on the park grounds...so we all got ice cream afterward. Good times.

No comments: