Saturday, July 12, 2008

Good Stuff Eatery

I've now been in DC nearly 3 years.... and in those 3 years, I have had some great meals at some really nice restaurants (usually... well... almost always on someone else's dime). Capital Grille, Charlie Palmer's, Willow Creek Farm, Tuscarora Mill and Vidalia's are all some of better ones I've enjoyed. But, really, when push comes to shove... I'd really just like a great burger... and that's one reason I was excited to eat at Good Stuff Eatery this week.


Well, that's kind of a lie... I'm also a pop-culture addict and really went to this place because it's Spike Mendelson's new place. For those that don't know, Spike was (is) the fedora wearing chef from the reality TV show Top Chef... which... thankfully, I've already previously admitted to watching. Not ringing a bell? It's this guy:





So, anyway... here's the details of my visit. First off... get there early. We got there at 11:30 and the line was already snaked around the building. For those that know the Capitol Hill area, Good Stuff Eatery is on the same block as The Tune Inn and the Hawk n' Dove... just next to the Cosi... 303 Pennsylvania Ave, SE, to be exact. And for those that like to indulge their pop-culture leanings... yes, Spike is there... on-site... live and in-person.


So, even though we got there early... we still waited about 20 minutes just to get in the door. Well, wait was worth it because the burger I got was Ridddicccky-iculously good... that's really all you need to know. Ya.. it was that good. Messy.. just the way a burger should be... piled with an artery-clogging load of bacon. The name of the burger I got was the "Big Stuff Bacon Meltdown"... sounds good, doesn't it. Anyway, you can view the rest of the menu here... check it out... it's worth the wait.

No comments: