Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Collection of Thoughts

Uh Oh... My Daughter's not going to be a vegetarian, is she?: Conversation at the dinner table tonight between Kelly and Reagan (my 5-year old daughter) during a dinner that featured ham:

Reagan: "Where does ham come from?"
Kelly: "From a pig."
Reagan: "I don't like eating animals"
Kelly: "I don't like eating animals, either... but they're yummy."

Reagan, accepting this, then takes a bite of her ham.

Man... dodged a bullet there... Reagan comes from a long line of prolific carnivores and I was worried she would tarnish the Faircloth name. Thankfully... she, too, realized the inherent yumminess of animals.

Facebook: I did it. I succumbed to peer pressure... I signed up for Facebook. I'm oddly obsessed... I'm collecting friends like the old crazy lady down the street is collecting cats. I just can't stop myself. I do feel a sense of satisfaction once a friendship becomes "acknowledged" through facebook... it gives it a sense of officiality. So, if you're reading this and aren't my friend on facebook... time to come on board.... I need more friends.... I feel like I'm in a contest... but can't quite figure out yet with whom..... or how to win for that matter.

New Vacuum Cleaner: It might seem like nothing to blog about... but we got a new vacuum cleaner. However, what I love about Vacuum cleaners is the way with which you can describe it. For example... "this new vacuum SUCKS!" or "Man, this vacuum really SUCKS!" or "This Vacuum SUCKS more than any other vacuum I've ever used." Which, of course, all are complimentary of said vacuum because it's sole job is to, in fact, suck. It's that little bit of irony that I find endlessly entertaining.

Well... that's it for now... time to go digging for more friends on facebook.

1 comment:

The Jordan Family said...

We also got a new vacuum cleaner (for Christmas). Stephen enjoyed the same pleasures of complimenting the new home appliance!