Thursday, May 8, 2008

50 Random Thoughts

Not much going on... well, not much worth putting into words. We went to visit my parents last weekend and that was cool... pictures are to your right... but, other than that, not much. So, I thought I'd just post some random "stream of conscience" thoughts (50, to be exact)... here they are.. in no particular order:

  1. I googled my own name today... does that make me vane?
  2. I spent 1/2 an hour trying to get the picture slide show (the aforementioned pictures to your right) to work correctly the other day. I'm not very computer savvy.
  3. I'm never sure how to spell savvy. Is it savvy or saavy?
  4. I wear size 11 shoes.
  5. Kelly recently told me to throw away my gray Redskins t-shirt.
  6. I will never throw away my gray Redskins t-shirt.
  7. Kelly told me a few years ago to throw away my gray boxers that I wore on our wedding day.
  8. I didn't throw them away... vowing that I would never throw away my gray boxers.
  9. My gray boxers magically disappeared a few years ago, shortly after Kelly told me to get rid of them and I refused.
  10. Before they disappeared, my gray boxers were full of holes and the waistband didn't really hold anymore.
  11. I'm secretly glad I don't have to wear those things anymore... I really am better off buying new undergarments on occasion.
  12. That's why it's good to be married.
  13. In my office at work, I have a view of the 11th fairway of the Lansdowne Golf Course.
  14. I used to work in a barn that was converted to office space.
  15. The barn was cool, but I like my office better now.
  16. I have a picture of me and (Supreme Court Justice and hero to Conservatives) Clarence Thomas in my office.
  17. When I used to see pictures hanging on the wall of people I knew with famous people, I always assumed they were great friends.
  18. Clarence Thomas and I are not great friends.
  19. I met him once at some event and since he's one of my "heroes"... I elbowed my way to the front to get my picture with him.
  20. I'm never "star struck", but once I got up there... I couldn't think of anything substantive to say to him. I mumbled something and turned and said "cheese"...
  21. It was my "I carried a watermelon" moment... but I don't care.... because I've got a picture of me and Clarence Thomas hanging on my wall... like we're old drinking buddies or something.
  22. Some guilty TV viewing pleasures include a lot of "Reality TV"... such as: Survivor, Big Brother, Top Chef, and Hells Kitchen.
  23. One year, we watched the entire season of "Bachelorettes in Alaska."
  24. We are both now dumber for having watched it.
  25. However, nothing brings me viewing enjoyment like "The Office" -- but that doesn't qualify as a "guilty" pleasure because it's brilliant.
  26. Kelly, by the way, still likes watching "The Bachelor"...
  27. And, I still refuse to watch it.
  28. I love Tivo... it spares me having to watch "The Bachelor."
  29. Kelly is in love with the "Ellen" Show.
  30. And Kelly is in love with Toby Keith.
  31. Something tells me that Toby Keith is not in love with Ellen (and vice versa).
  32. I married an amazing woman.
  33. I really hate formulaic romantic comedies.
  34. But, I really enjoy "Sleepless in Seattle".. don't tell anyone.
  35. I love what the Dad tells Dr. Marsha Fieldstone when she asks him to tell her about his late wife.
  36. He says: "Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... only to no home I'd ever known... I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew." Me too.
  37. Kelly makes the bed with Egyptian cotton sheets and sometimes with flannel. I know, as a man, I should prefer the flannel.... but... I like the Egyptian cotton ones much better.
  38. One of my favorite simple pleasures in life was a cup of good coffee with dessert.
  39. Since my little heart thing, coffee is off limits. Woe is me.
  40. I hate when people wallow in self pity... a lot.
  41. Does that make me heartless?
  42. I will probably watch "So you think you can Dance?" this summer.
  43. That's a lie. I will watch "So you think you can Dance?" this summer.
  44. I'm trying really hard to get to 50 random thoughts....
  45. It's harder than you think.
  46. I owned 4 microscopes when I was a kid.
  47. Umm... and I was proud of them.
  48. What a NERD!
  49. You know you had a microscope, too.
  50. Well, that's 50.... see you later.

5 comments:

For His Glory said...

I'm bummed you put nothing about your "donald duck" collection in your top 50?

Anonymous said...

Well, you don't look much like a vane, but you might be vain...

The Jordan Family said...

I made Stephen get rid of his wedding boxers several years ago also. He feels your pain. What is it with guys and their old boxers and t-shirts?

Jen

La Familia Garcia said...

I todally thought about this post last night watching the finale as my husband was NOT refraining from commenting!

The Faircloth Five said...

Brooke...
Sounds like Angel and I would get along great. Come visit us in DC sometime... LOTS of free and fun stuff to do (Smithsonian, monuments, national zoo, etc)... of course, gas for the 2 hour drive will cost you $1,000... but other than that... free. I'll even blow up our deluxe air mattress for you. How's that for hospitality?