Monday, December 24, 2007

Where is Christ this Christmas?

Based on the title of this entry, I bet you're thinking I'm going to sermonize about the commercialization of Christmas or wax poetic about the Christmas of my youth.

But, no... not today. Seriously... I took this picture this morning of a gift bag:



See anything wrong?

That's right. Merry Chritmas. Chritmas? What the heck?

How does that get past the gift bag proofers?

Anyway... I could see some Pastor somewhere using that for a sermon illustration... You know, we're so focused on everything else, that we overlook what is the 'reason for the season' so to speak. And, I admit, the point hasn't been lost on me in recent days after I noticed the mistake.

I truly have pondered "Where is Christ this Christmas?"

Then, today, we ordered Papa John's and this was the print out that they put on the box:



And there was the answer to the question I've been pondering these last few days.

Christ is still alive and well this Christmas... and, He apparently works at the Papa John's in Leesburg (as He clearly was the one that managed my "pizza experience")... and I must say, the pizza was quite yummy.

No comments: