Friday, December 14, 2007

I am a juvenile....

I have developed quite the reputation for office practical jokes. I've done so many, I can't even remember them all. From fake company memos to spoofed Washington Post articles to a "shock mouse" (which hurts like a mother)... I've pulled all the tricks out of my bag...

Which brings me to today. Friday afternoons are traditionally slow days at work. I think everyone in my line of business packs it in around Thursday. Well, today was particularly slow because our email was down and my co-worker, Jason (the one I interact with most frequently) left for half a day. And, so... well, I was bored. So I:

(1) Changed his wallpaper to this People magazine cover featuring Lance Bass. I told you I was juvenile...

But... that only took me about 2 seconds... so, then..

(2) I decided to change his email notification noise to the sound of a fart. Yes... that's right... a fart. For those wondering how you even find such a noise... I merely googled "fart .wav" and, behold... google bestowed upon me a bounty of fart noises (some short, some long and some "check your shorts" ones). For this task, I chose the "check your shorts" options. I sent him a test email and, sure enough, I heard the distinctive "rrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiippppppp" of my chosen fart.

But, again, this only took a couple of seconds. So, basically, I changed every single possible noise on his computer to a fart.

Turn on the computer. Fart

Turn off the computer. Fart

Open up an application. Fart

Type anything. Fart, Fart, Fart

You get the idea. But, I did it to so many things... I don't even know how to undue it all. And the noise is so prevalent now, that his computer sounds terribly gassy... even when no one is sitting at the desk. Basically, his computer needs Bean-o .... badly.

Anyway, he won't get back until Tuesday. I'll let you know how it goes.... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiip.

2 comments:

Tony said...

I concur, that was very juvenile... Nice job! I do envy the benefits of working for a small company. I could never have gotten away with that at my old company. The entire IT department would have invested 2 days trying to track me down.

Anonymous said...

that is hilarious scott sounds just like you