Sunday, April 27, 2008

Redskins Draft Party



I've always thought "Trekkies" and "Star Wars" nerds were pretty pathetic. I mean, seriously... they dress up just like their favorite characters, wear spock ears, or even Princess Leia hair (see, I don't even know how to spell her name correctly). They go to "Conventions" just so that they can see the actors and get autographs. They stand in line for hours and sometimes camp out in line to be the first to see the movie released. In my mind, I have no doubt these losers would pee in their pants if they ever got up close to a life sized model of the Millenium Falcon. That's pretty lame.


I mean, going to a "Draft" party at FedEx Field (Home of the Redskins for those that don't know) is so much more "normal". Yes, I dressed up my family in the gear of our favorite players... including Will (my 5 month old). Yes, I sang along to a song that implores my team to "Run or Pass and Score, we want alot more!" -- even though the team wasn't even playing... thus rendering the lyrics complete meaningless. And, Yes, I braved traffic that turned a 45 minute drive into a hour and a half of slugging it out on the beltway. Oh, yes... my behavior is SO much more normal. More pictures of my completely normal, non lame-o behavior posted here.

4 comments:

The Zarlenga Family said...

Ya'll look ABSOLUTELY adorable!

Unknown said...

Scott, you got onto the field! That's the crucial feature that makes this NOT LAME. How many Star Wars Fanatics can say they actually got to Tatooiii?(see, i don't know how to spell that either).

Anonymous said...

Admitting that you have a problem is the first step. :-)

You have a beautiful family!
maretta

Megan said...

You don't know me but I am trying to get your wife's email address to invite her to a surprise event for a mutual friend, Courtney Cassada. Can you possibly send me an email at chrisnmegan@verizon.net? Thanks!

Megan Guthrie