Friday, February 15, 2008

Father/Daughter Dance

I just got back from taking my daughter to our 2nd Father/Daughter dance. Pictures posted here. Not too much to report, other than how much Kelly and Reagan are alike. Some of the similarities:

  • Prettiest girl in the room: Though I'm sure every other father would disagree (and should disagree), Reagan... just like her mother... was the prettiest girl in the room. Reagan was keenly aware of this as she asked me once "Daddy, am I the most beautifulest?"... my answer? "The most beautifulest to me."
  • Mid-date dump: Kelly is going to kill me for saying this... but, if we're out on a date and then decide to stop by a store... say the Pottery Barn... or Restoration Hardware... or even Target... she's going to have to take a swampy. I don't get it... something about those (especially trendy houseware) stores that just gives her the urge. In fact, if she's ever constipated, I tell her I'll take her to Pottery Barn... because that's a surefire way to prime the pump, so to speak. Anyway... about 1/2 way through Reagan says "Daddy, I have to POOP, P-O-O-P, POOP." Probably the only girl there that used the facilities to go #2.
  • Dessert: Reagan gravitated toward the dessert table full of cookies, chocolates, brownies and cupcakes. The highlight of a date with Kelly is watching her eat some kind of chocolate dessert... it's just WAYYYYYYY more satisfying to her than I'll ever understand.
  • Closet Introvert: If you know Kelly, she doesn't naturally come across as introverted. But in truth, she's painfully introverted. Reagan is the same way. She wanted to dance so badly when we got there... but just couldn't. She told me...early on.. with tears in her eyes... "Daddy, I want to dance, but can't.".... and then another time she told me she was "afraid" to dance. There's a solution to this problem.... but... you know... she's not 21 yet... Thankfully... she eased up a bit and spent the 2nd hour dancing away.

So... that's all I got... sometimes I call Reagan, "KJ".... you know... Kelly, Jr... Now, you know a little bit as to why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. Tell Reagan that Mrs. Davis says she is gorgeous! :) I can't wait for Brian and Audrey to experience this.

The Zarlenga Family said...

How precious! She is a blessed little girl to have both of you as her parents! And I have to say, I enjoyed every aspect of her date with Scott, particularly the poop and chocolate entry.:)

Love ya'll so much!
Beth