Monday, October 29, 2007

Random Thoughts


OK... I've got a bunch of random stuff... not all blog worthy as individual subjects... but felt I should go ahead and share...

So, here they go....


  1. The Scariest Pumpkin... ever: I was trying to think of something scary. Something real scary to carve in the pumpkin this year. I think I found it: http://www.brandijasmine.com/howto/craft/pumpkins/hillary01.html -- that's right... what's scarier than a Hillary pumpkin? Nothing. OK, I was serious about doing that this year... but Kelly discouraged me from doing it. First off, she was afraid the neighbors wouldn't get the the joke and think I was a Hillary supporter (I'm not)... and then, if they did... the might not think it was funny. Oh.. and the whole thing about it being about the kids was kind of a buzzkill, too. But... don't let that discourage you... if you feel so led... Please, by all means, make your Hillary jack-o-lantern.

  2. Speaking of Hillary... I highly recommend the following: http://hillarynutcracker.com/completelynuts.html

  3. The Office is -- hands down -- the funniest show on television. It's not even close. I haven't laughed this hard at a television show since "Bachelorettes in Alaska".... seriously. If you haven't watched it yet.... do yourself a favor... watch it. If you need to borrow my Season 1 DVD... just ask!

  4. OK... so fans of the Office know that Michael Scott is "the boss"... well, anyway... the Redskins suffered a brutal, brutal loss this weekend to the hands of the New England Patriots -- whose head coach has clearly made a deal with the devil to be that good. Anyway, my pain is best explained by Michael Scott... who expressed similar misery at losing an employee by stating: "it feels like somebody took my heart and dropped it into a bucket of boiling tears and, at the same time, somebody else is hitting my soul in the crotch with a frozen sledgehammer. And then, a third guy walks in and starts punching me in the grief bone, and I am crying, and nobody can hear me because I'm terribly, terribly... terribly alone." Ya...it's kind of like that after a Redskins loss like that. Only worse.

  5. Speaking of The Office...my co-worker Jason and I are obsessed with a very "Office" like assignment. We have an M&M gumball machine in our office. You know the kind... the machines that sell gumballs on one side and Peanut M&M's on the other and "claim" that their profits go to helping the homeless or the handicapped of whatever. Well, anyway, each time we put in our quarter, we are testing methods with each spin to see how to maximize the output of M&M's. We've tried turning the dial at slow, medium or fast rotations. We've tried combining any of the above rates of rotations with no shaking, gentle shaking or violent shaking of the machine to find out the machines "sweet spot" for coughing up the maximum amount of M&M's. The standard output seems to be 9 M&M's, with a low of 7 and a high of 11. Today, the vending man just happened to come into the office.... Jason and I cornered him and started peppering him with questions and demanded the trick... because, you know, all carnival games have a trick and the M&M dispenser is a game of skill... right? Anway, the consensus thus far -- and confirmed by the carnie ... uhh... I mean vending machine man -- is to do a quick and emphatic rotation of the dial ensuring you bring the dial to it's mechanical completion. Shaking of the machine appears to have no impact. I'll keep you posted on this one.

  6. Colorblind Update: Cinnamon is, in fact, brown... not red. My question is then this... why do candy makers always make Cinnamon flavored confections red? It's little tricks like this by "the man" that try to keep color blind people down.

  7. Seriously... "The Office"... watch it. "That is a perfectly good mini-Christmas tree. We are going to sell that to charity because that's what Christmas is all about..." Quote from Michael Scott. Hilarious.

Alright... that's all I got... Enjoy your Hillary nut cracker.

1 comment:

Tony said...

Quote from Michael Scott in response to your bullet point #3... "That's what she said."

I still rate Seinfeld as tops but The Office is getting darn close.