Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge


We just got back from a "mini"-vacation... spent a couple of days at Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg with my sister and her family and then 3 days visiting my parents in Virginia Beach. Kelly, of course, took tons of pictures, they are here.

This place was really cool for the kids.... we'll definitely go back. Pictures probably say more than words...so I'll just leave it at that.

One funny thing that happened was that Luke got his leg stuck in the coffee table in our room.... really stuck... It took a couple of minutes to extract him. Kelly and I were cracking up... but trying to control it because we sensed that Luke was really worried. We were doing a great job of this until Luke said: "Am I going to be like this forever?"... and then both of us lost it... we haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Here's a picture Kelly took while I was trying to extract him:

Other random things:

Arena Racing: I took Luke (along w/my Uncle Jeff, my nephew Caleb and cousin Bradley) to this on Saturday. It was HI-larious and Luke LOVED it. Basically, it's little go-carts made to look a lot like NASCAR's. Lots of crashes. I really enjoyed spending that time with Luke and seeing him so excited to watch the cars.

Girl Scout Cookies: It's Girl Scout Cookie time. My personal favorites are, in order: Tagalongs (I'll eat the whole box in about 10 minutes), Dosidos, and well... those are the only two I like. I know Thin Mints are quite popular.... but... they just aren't my thing. As for the others... never tried them... don't care to... after eating box after box of Tagalongs... don't really need the extra calories. My "supplier" for the last couple of years has been a co-worker's daughter.... but I'm currently out... so if you know anyone selling... I'm buying.

IRS Audit: Nothing will send your heart to the floor like getting a "thick" letter from the IRS. I got to experience that first hand yesterday after checking the mail for the first time back from vacation. What was in the letter, you ask? Oh, just a request that we kindly send them an additional $15,000!!!!!! YIKES! No worries, though. After picking my heart up off the floor, I read through everything and figured out the problem. Thankfully, I've got the necessary forms they need and all should be well... but, still... not a fun process.

Well.... that's it for now.... since this post wasn't very funny... let me leave you with some Flight of the Conchords... as you can tell from the picture of us to the right... we are very "serious" people... we're all about dealing with the "issues"... this song contains the classic line: "Could someone please remove the cutleries from my knees". Here it is:


2 comments:

For His Glory said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!
Always good to see how yall are doing. I miss beth alot too, Thanks for sharing some new pics of the family.
Love you guys!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.