Thursday, May 24, 2007

An American Idol Conversation

I watch American Idol. It's hard to admit, but I've watched it since Season One. There. I said it. I realize I have now completely exposed my inner gayness. Anyway, my beautiful wife and I are watching the an episode recently and we had the following conversation:


Me: Oh, I read that Paula Abdul broke her nose this weekend.

Kelly: What? If that's true, why isn't she wearing a cast?

Me: I don't think they have casts for a broken nose.

Kelly: Yes, they do they have those things (she pantomimes a strap thing on her nose)

Me: Ok, well, maybe she took it off for the show.

Kelly: Well, duh!

Me: completely confused and apparently my face showed it (because....)
Kelly: cracks up because she realizes the impossibility of answering her questions.

This is a fairly normal occurence at our house... it certainly keeps me on my toes.

2 comments:

Yam Dog 1 said...

Your wife makes total sense. I agree with her.

Suzanne said...

That is SO Kelly.